The #1 doctor-prescribed treatment for vaginal yeast infections, available without a prescription.
When you have a yeast infection, it helps to know that there is an effective treatment in a convenient single dose. DIFLUCAN ONE is a treatment that's clinically proven to relieve the itching, burning and discharge associated with vaginal yeast infections (VYIs). So whether this is the first time you've had a VYI, or it's the first time you're trying DIFLUCAN ONE, the information below will tell you what you need to know about the #1 brand prescribed by doctors in Canada for the treatment of yeast infections.
DIFLUCAN ONE is a 1-pill, 1-dose, 1-day treatment that is clinically proven to cure most yeast infections. It can be taken anytime, anywhere, and it starts to relieve your symptoms in just one day.
For years, DIFLUCAN has only been available by prescription – and it has become the #1 brand prescribed by doctors for the treatment of yeast infections. But it’s also available without a prescription as DIFLUCAN ONE.
DIFLUCAN ONE works by stopping the growth of the fungi that caused the yeast infection in the first place. Although you only need to take one pill, the medication in DIFLUCAN ONE, fluconazole 150 mg, continues working in your body for several days until your yeast infection is cured. You'll notice your symptoms begin to disappear within 24 hours and within 7 days they should be gone completely. If your symptoms have not improved within 3 days and have not completely disappeared within 7 days, contact your doctor.
- Take DIFLUCAN ONE by mouth as a one-time only dose, with or without food.
- It can be taken anytime, anywhere to relieve the itching, burning and discharge associated with yeast infections.
- Do not take more than one dose for an infection.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking DIFLUCAN ONE if:
- This is your first yeast infection.
- You have frequent vaginal infections.
- You are at increased risk for sexually transmitted infections, have multiple sexual partners or change partners often.
- You have heart disease.
- You are considering using this product for a child under 12 years old.
Do not use if you are:
- trying to become pregnant
- allergic to fluconazole, related azoles (e.g. clotrimazole / miconazole) or other ingredients in the product
- taking allergy drugs (e.g. astemizole* / terfenadine*)
- taking cisapride*
Before you use DIFLUCAN ONE, talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other drug especially drugs for:
- AIDS/HIV (zidovudine)
- Allergies (Astemizole*, Terfenadine*)
- Asthma (theophylline)
- Antibiotics (rifabutin, rifampicin)
- Blood Thinners (warfarin or similar drugs)
- Diabetes (glyburide, glipizide, tolbutamide)
- Diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide)
- Epilepsy (phenytoin)
- Immune System suppression (cyclosporine, tacrolimus)
- Stomach (cimetidine , cisapride*)
- Sedation (midazolam, triazolam)
- Steroid used to treat skin, stomach, blood or breathing disorders (prednisone)
- Most side effects reported in clinical trials were mild to moderate in nature. They included headache, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea
- Stop use and contact a doctor or pharmacist if you: develop skin eruptions, experience new rash or irritations or allergy symptoms such as hives. Rarely, severe allergic reactions (swelling of face, eyes, mouth, hands and feet) have occurred
- There have been reports of spontaneous abortion of the fetus or birth defects. If you could become pregnant while taking this medicine, you should consider using a reliable means of contraception for approximately 1 week after the dose. If you become pregnant while taking this medicine, contact your doctor
For more information please see the product insert.
*not marketed in Canada